Wednesday 28 September 2011

September Holidays

I was away for the first week of the holidays, so I didn't get to plant what I wanted, but this week a whole round of seeds went in. Lettuce, beans, corn, beetroot, pak choi, zuchini, capsicum, cucumber. Probably other stuff too. The things that are in the garden look ok, while my advanced seedlings (tomato, capsicum) are at a friends house being looked after. They'll go in next week.

I made the biggest compost pile i have made so far, with a trailer load each of dirt, sheep poo, and grass clippings. I'll wet it down today and cover. I am hoping for a 4 - 6 week turnaround, and I can use that compost for planting the seeds that went in today.

Pak choi gets a far amount of slugs on them, but it hasn't bothered me, as I only really plant it for the chooks, and they really love slugs! Better the pak choy than the lettuce...







Emma did the egg photo. She is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment