Saturday 6 August 2011

Spring... Spring has sprung.

I may be jumping the gun, but I'm calling it. Spring is here, it's time to get your gardening game face on.

Today I moved the chooks from their palatial garden bed, back into the old chook dome. I enclosed the main garden bed, and put some garden edging in for a built up garden. Now to fill it in!

The biggest roadblock at the moment is compost. I need heaps of it, and I refuse to buy it. It shall take several trips out to the sis-in-laws house to get some sheep poo, and a thorough scraping of the park for clippings. I have stolen some fill from around my yard and have only done about a metre and a half, out of 8 or so. Sad face.

The other thing is raising seedlings. It's hard! As far as I know I have the perfect environment for raising seedlings, but only the pak choy has come up in a week. Maybe the seeds are old, i don't know, but it's never as easy as what the Internet tells me it is. I'll press on anyway, put some spring vegetables in this week, and threaten them with extinction if they don't come up.

In other news I visited the northey street nursery this week, and fell in love. I got some strawberries and thyme to go in around the pond, and some cress, duckweed and something else (?) to go in the pond. I need to get a solar filter thing so the mossies don't breed.

PS enjoy looking at the photos sideways, i'll fix that later...



No comments:

Post a Comment